How to Lose Weight Using Chia Seeds? Couch potato I am sure you must be tired of envying your zero-size partner in crime at the feast. Well, I am not here to pay the same conventional lip service to lose weight.
Rather I am here to calm your envies and unlock the secrets of losing weight magically without much effort.
Yes, you heard it right without any exercise, strict diet plans, or any other sweat loss technique. Miracle weight loss supplements rarely live up to the hype, although there are certain foods like chia seeds that can support your weight loss goals & can truly make a difference.
Chia Seed, when consumed as part of a healthy diet and active lifestyle, delivers critical nutrients that help you lose weight while also maintaining your overall health.
Read on further to find out how these incredible little chia seeds can help you reach your weight loss goal before exploring some delicious chia recipes in a variety of flavors below.
Best Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
Susan Boyle Weight Loss
Melissa McCarthy Weight Loss
Jorge Garcia Weight Loss
Kevin James Weight Loss Story
Unlocking the science behind how chia seeds help in weight loss?
Here’s the scoop on chia seeds and why they might be something to put on your next grocery list.
1 – Appetite suppressor
As part of an active lifestyle & a healthy diet, chia seeds help to lose weight by providing essential nutrients & suppressing your appetite. These snacks will keep you satiated and full for a longer time.
In addition to this, chia seeds have been shown in some studies to help with blood sugar control, too.
Chia seeds are abundant in dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Soluble fibers, when combined with liquid, give chia seeds their gel-like property.
They can absorb their weight in water up to 10 times and form a voluminous gel. This gel not only serves as a suppressant of appetite but also slows sugar up and prevents blood sugar surges.
A 2010 study published in the European Nutrition Journal indicated that supplementing chia seeds lowered participants’ hunger and increased satiety.
This study reveals chia seeds help create a sense of fullness to achieve weight loss targets. Thanks to the mix of insoluble and soluble fibers in chia seeds, harmful delights that might take your food off course are less likely to be desired. Chia seeds are, after all, the secret diet of Taylor Swift, but they too may be yours!
2 – Powerhouse for Nutrition
Besides the substantial fiber source, Chia seeds also offer numerous additional nutritional advantages. They are mainly one of the best omega 3 fatty acid plant sources. Omega-3s help minimizes arthritis-related inflammation of the heart. These fatty acids are also found in the brain in considerable amounts, which can help cognitive performance by supplementing this nutrient.
Simple ways to incorporate chia seeds in our diets
- Fill a morning smoothie with a teaspoon of chia seeds.
- On top of lettuce, sprinkle chia seeds.
- Chia meal cook.
- Treat chia water using one piece of chia seed for 20–30 minutes in 16-part water. Drink it alone or add flavor to a mixture of honey, citrus, or fruit juice.
- In the trail mix, add chia seeds.
- Mix seeds into milk or yogurt to make a chia seed pudding and thicken overnight. Honey or fresh or dried fruit can be added to a delicious breakfast.
Here are some lip-smacking & healthy chia seeds recipes to lose weight
Homemade Granola Bars chia seeds Recipe to lose weight
- 1/3 cup chopped Dried Mulberries
- 1/3 cup Dried chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped Raw Cashews
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Flaxseed Meal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside an 8×8 square baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Using a hand-held mixer or a wire whisk, combine the peanut butter and mashed bananas in a medium mixing dish.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with a spatula until they are fully blended and a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and push it down evenly and flatly on all sides with the spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes & allow for at least 30-45 minutes of cooling time before removing the granola from the pan and cutting it into bars.
- Wrap the bars in wax paper and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe For Pumking Chia Seed Pudding to lose weight
- 1 1/4 milk
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl & mix well. Allow for at least 15 minutes of resting time, or refrigerate overnight. Serve with toppings and store leftovers in the fridge.
FAQS on chia seeds to lose weight
How many days/months does it take to lose weight with chia seeds?
A Brazilian study published in 2015 in Nutrition Hospitalaria indicated that ingesting 35 grams (approximately 3 tbsp) of chia seeds daily for 12 weeks resulted in weight loss in 26 overweight or obese men and women.
When should you consume chia seeds for weight loss?
Drinking chia seed water first thing in the morning can help with digestion and bowel movement. Weight loss is impossible without a healthy digestive system.
Where can we get these chia seeds for weight loss?
Salvia hispanica which is a desert plant and a member of the mint family produces chia seeds. Salvia hispanica seed is sold by distinct names, including “chia” and other trademarked names.
How to Lose Weight Using Chia Seeds? Chia seeds are a nutrient-dense pseudo-grain that can help you lose weight. Chia is satiating and can help you avoid feeling famished and overeating later in the day. Couch potatoes definitely should give a right swipe to chia seeds for weight loss on their diet charts.